The Queensland Government Community Consultation for The Spit and ASF’s Concept Plan has closed.
The Department of State Development undertook two separate public consultation processes:
Undertaken by independent consultation specialists, the consultation involved the City of Gold Coast, stakeholder groups and the wider community and included an online survey and in-person consultation sessions.
Thank you for getting involved and having your say Gold Coast. We appreciate everyone’s contribution to the Queensland Government’s consultation and are grateful to the community for showing their support for the Gold Coast Integrated Resort.
The Gold Coast Integrated Resort has previously undergone two stages of community consultation that has shaped and informed the latest concept plan.
STAGE 1: COMMUNITY CONSULTATION – APRIL 2014
Gold Coast awareness campaign to inform the community of proposed plans, opportunity to provide feedback on the proposed concept masterplan via website or 1800 number, a phone survey by Newspoll and focus groups.
STAGE 2: COMMUNITY CONSULTATION – OCTOBER 2014 – MARCH 2015
Stage 2 informed Gold Coast residents about the project and its revised master plan. Consultation provided residents the opportunity to share feedback to inform the next phase of the project. Key outcomes from the community consultation process can be read here.
The following themes were identified as important to the community:
- Creation of new public open space including waterfront and accessible walkways
- Enhancement of parkland and recreation facilities in adjacent suburbs
- Additional boating and water recreation facilities for public use
- Jobs for now and for the future
- Strong local participation, education and training to support long-term job creation
- New infrastructure and existing infrastructure enhancement
- A stronger economy and tourism sector
- Amenity of the Broadwater and access to be retained
- Minimal environmental impacts.