ASF Pty Ltd (ACN 129 090 508) and our related and associated bodies corporate, (collectively us, we, our) maintain a policy of strict confidence concerning your (you, your) personal information (Privacy Statement). This Privacy Statement has been developed in accordance with the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act).
The purpose of this policy is to outline how we comply with the Privacy Act in protecting the personal information we hold about individuals. The Privacy Statement applies to the collection, storage, use and dissemination by us of your personal information.
Access to this website (www.goldcoastevolution.com.au), (referred to in this Privacy Statement as the Site) and any provision of information to us, is conditional on your acceptance of the terms of this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement applies to information provided to us whether via this Site or any other means.
Although we will comply with this Privacy Statement in respect of information provided to us by persons under the age of 18 years, those persons must obtain the consent of a parent or guardian prior to using the Site and the parent or guardian will be responsible for appropriately supervising the person’s use of the Site.
2. Collecting personal information
The personal information that we collect will depend on the dealings you may have with us. We may collect and hold information in relation to:
- Enquiries made as part of community consultation
- Purchasers or potential purchasers (for example, when purchasing, or requesting more information about one of our apartments;
- Suppliers (for example, when establishing records and systems to enable payment for goods);
- Other individuals who may come in contact with us.
We only collect personal information which is reasonably necessary for our dealings with relevant individuals. We will collect personal information directly from you where required, which may include, but is not limited to:
- Information that identifies you (for example, name, address, contact information, date of birth, tax file number);
- Information about your financial position; and
- Information about you that is required or authorised by law.
We may also collect personal information from third parties such as our related companies, our agents, credit reporting agencies or your representatives or publically available sources of information. We will take reasonable steps to inform you that we have your personal information, unless it is obvious from the circumstances.
If we receive personal information about you that we did not ask for, from someone other than you or our agents, and we determine that we could have collected this information from you had we asked for it, we will notify you, as soon as practicable, that we have collected your personal information. If we could not have collected this personal information, we will lawfully de identify or destroy that personal information.
We will not collect from you any sensitive information revealing your: race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union memberships or details of health or disability. Exceptions to this include:
- where you have given express consent to us to do so and the information is reasonably necessary for us to carry out our functions or activities;
- the use of this information is required or authorised under Australian law or a court or tribunal order; or
- when the information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
3. Use and disclosure of information
Our policy is to only use personal information for the purpose which was either specified or reasonably apparent at the time when the information was collected. We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Communicating with you;
- Providing you with the information or materials you have requested;
- To help us manage and enhance our products and services, including analysing customer feedback and future customer needs;
- Providing ongoing offers and information about our products and services to you that we believe you may be interested in;
- Providing information to (or responding to any request for information from) any Australian Government Agency, Council or Authority in relation to our consultation with the public on our proposal for the Broadwater Marine Project;
- Complying with regulatory and legal obligations; and
- Recruiting employees and contractors.
We will not disclose information that personally identifies you to any third party other than as set out in this Privacy Statement. In order to deliver the services that we provide to you, we may disclose your personal information to third parties, only in relation to providing our services to you. We take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information. The third parties to whom we may disclose your personal information to include:
- ASF Pty Ltd, its related bodies corporate and contractors;
- Our contractors and service providers who assist us in the operation of our business or to provide you with customer service (for example, a company that helps us maintain our computer systems and sends out our emails);
- Joint venture partners for the purposes of seeking relevant regulatory approvals;
- Third party lenders and insurers;
- The Australian Securities Exchange, the Australian Securities and Investments Commission and to other government agencies as agreed to or required by law;
- Anyone authorised by you; and
- Relevant parties in situations where we are required by law to provide the information.
If we wish to use or disclose your personal information in other circumstances, we will obtain your consent before we do so. We may provide certain information about you including your personal information to our related bodies corporate.
4. Direct marketing
We may use personal information about you for the primary purpose of providing you with our services, and for which you would reasonably expect us to use that information for, including sending you information about new developments, products, services and special offers by post, telephone or any form of electronic communication. We may use any email address or other personal information you provide to us at any time for this purpose.
You can, at any time, opt out of receiving marketing material by advising us through the relevant method provided for in the electronic marketing message sent to you or by contacting our Privacy Officer. You agree and acknowledge that even if you opt out of receiving marketing material, we will still send you essential information that we are legally required to send you relating to the services we provide. Once you opt out of receiving marketing material from us, you agree and acknowledge that this removal from our distribution lists may take up to 15 business days after the date of you request to be removed.
5. Accuracy of your information
All reasonable steps are taken by us to ensure that your personal information held by us is accurate, complete and up to date. If you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate, please contact us (see below) and we will take all reasonable steps to correct it within 14 business days.
6. Third Parties and your information
We will only collect, store, use or disseminate information that personally identifies you as set out in this Privacy Statement unless we are required to protect our rights or property (or those of any third party), or to avoid injury to any person, by law.
Although the Site may link directly to websites operated by third parties (Linked Sites), you acknowledge that Linked Sites are not operated by us. We encourage you to always read the applicable privacy statement of any Linked Site on entering the Linked Site. We are not responsible for the content or practices of the Linked Sites, nor their privacy policies regarding the collection, storage, use and dissemination of your personal information.
7. Transfer of Information Overseas
We may sometimes disclose personal information overseas to allow external parties to perform their services for us but we will only do so in accordance with the Privacy Act.
We may transfer to people in foreign countries any of your personal information to fulfil the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement, for example to:
- facilitate and administer capital arrangements; and
- manage and enhance our products and services, including analysing customer feedback and future customer needs.
In many cases the transfer will be necessary for the performance of our contract with you or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken in response to a request by you or for the performance of a contract with a third party which is concluded in your interests.
8. Your consent
By your use of the Site and/or provision of your information to us, you consent to the collection, storage, use and dissemination of your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement and as otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act.
9. Storage and security
We will use all reasonable endeavours to keep your personal information in a secure environment, Such as being held on secure servers or in storage located in controlled environments. Our employees are required to maintain the confidentiality of any personal information we hold. These measures are designed to assist us in protecting your personal information that we hold from being accessed by unauthorised personnel, loss or misuse. If you reasonably believe that there has been unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information please contact us (see below).
If we no longer need your personal information, unless we are required under Australian law or a court or tribunal order to retain it, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or securely delete your personal information.
10. Variation and consent to variation
We may at any time vary the terms of this Privacy Statement. You should check this Privacy Statement regularly so that you are aware of any variations made to this Privacy Statement. You will be deemed to have consented to such variations by your continued use of the Site and/or our services following such changes being made.
11. Access to information we hold about you
If you request access to the personal information we hold about you, we will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time and, where reasonable and practicable, give access to the information in the manner you request. This will be subject to any exemptions allowed under the Privacy Act. You may request this information by:
- writing to:
Privacy Officer, ASF Pty Ltd
Suite 2, 3B Macquarie Street
Sydney NSW 2000
- or sending an email to us at email@example.com
You have the option to either not identify yourself or to use a pseudonym when you contact us, unless it is impracticable for us to communicate with you in that manner or unless we are required or authorised under Australian law, or a court or tribunal order, to deal with individuals who have identified themselves.